These bright peppers with their lively filling will really cheer you up! With just 3g of fat and 302 cals per serving, they're also a healthy family dinner ideas. Learn how to make stuffed peppers with spicy turkey stuffing
- 4 red, yellow or green peppers, halved and deseeded
- 150g long-grain rice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 300g skinless turkey breast, cut into chunks (or skinless, boneless chicken)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 75g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tsp mild paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Arrange the peppers, cut side up, in a roasting pan.
- Put the rice into a large saucepan and cook in simmering water for 12-15 minutes, or according to pack instructions, until tender.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok and stir-fry the onion and garlic (if using) until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the turkey and stir-fry briskly for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, peas, paprika and herbs, then remove from the heat. Drain the rice thoroughly and stir it into the tomato mixture. Season with some pepper.
- Spoon the filling into the pepper halves (don’t worry if there’s too much, just spoon it into the roasting pan). Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve at once.
Top Tip for making Peppers with spicy turkey stuffing
Prepare the dish ahead of time, up to the point where you have stuffed the peppers, then cover and chill until you are ready to bake the dish.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Baked stuffed peppers
This recipe for roasted bacon and egg stuffed peppers is a classic woman's weekly recipe taken from 1958. Stuff the peppers with bacon, egg and breadrumbs and spinkle with plenty of cheese. Bake for 50 mins and serve hot with peas or salad.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Easy Mediterranean stuffed peppers
These delicious stuffed peppers are filled with melted Edam and make a great midweek meal. They're easy to make but look very impressive and will brighten up dinner time with the colourful peppers!
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Roasted peppers with spiced beans and goat's cheese
This is a great twist on the usual stuffed peppers recipe with spicy beans and tangy goat's cheese in this hearty vegetarian dish.
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
When does Great British Menu 2023 start?
All you need to know ahead of series 18 of the culinary BBC Two show
By Selina Maycock • Published
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published