These bright peppers with their lively filling will really cheer you up! With just 3g of fat and 302 cals per serving, they're also a healthy family dinner ideas. Learn how to make stuffed peppers with spicy turkey stuffing
- 4 red, yellow or green peppers, halved and deseeded
- 150g long-grain rice
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 300g skinless turkey breast, cut into chunks (or skinless, boneless chicken)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 75g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tsp mild paprika
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Arrange the peppers, cut side up, in a roasting pan.
- Put the rice into a large saucepan and cook in simmering water for 12-15 minutes, or according to pack instructions, until tender.
- Whilst the rice is cooking, heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok and stir-fry the onion and garlic (if using) until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the turkey and stir-fry briskly for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, peas, paprika and herbs, then remove from the heat. Drain the rice thoroughly and stir it into the tomato mixture. Season with some pepper.
- Spoon the filling into the pepper halves (don’t worry if there’s too much, just spoon it into the roasting pan). Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve at once.
Top Tip for making Peppers with spicy turkey stuffing
Prepare the dish ahead of time, up to the point where you have stuffed the peppers, then cover and chill until you are ready to bake the dish.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Baked stuffed peppers
This recipe for roasted bacon and egg stuffed peppers is a classic woman's weekly recipe taken from 1958. Stuff the peppers with bacon, egg and breadrumbs and spinkle with plenty of cheese. Bake for 50 mins and serve hot with peas or salad.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry
This delicious Hairy Bikers' Thai chicken and coconut curry recipe takes a classic dish and reduces the calories to turn it into a healthy family meal
By Hairy Bikers • Published
Easy Mediterranean stuffed peppers
These delicious stuffed peppers are filled with melted Edam and make a great midweek meal. They're easy to make but look very impressive and will brighten up dinner time with the colourful peppers!
By Jessica Dady • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
This 11p lunch is perfect for saving money as living costs rise
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published
Cyber Monday travel deals: Save on trips at British Airways, easyJet and Virgin Atlantic with these late Black Friday discounts
By Grace Walsh • Published
Who left The Great British Sewing Bee this week? The latest sewer to leave revealed
Is your favourite contestant still in the show? Find out who has been eliminated this week...
By Selina Maycock • Published