Learn how to make classic millionaire's shortbread with Phil Vickery's millionaire's shortbread recipe. This mouth-watering recipe makes a large batch of shortbread - perfect for sharing!
Phil Vickery's millionaire's shortbread is wonderfully delicious and super easy to make, with lashings of creamy caramel on a biscuit base, topped with a crisp, chocolate layer. This is one awesome treat.
Follow along in our easy step-by-step recipe video to see how it is done. It takes only 20 mins to rustle up these sweet treats, plus chilling and setting time. They're perfect for bake sales as you can make in bulk and they use a couple of readymade ingredients too to help speed up the process.
Love Phil's recipes? We've got loads more delicious recipes by Phil Vickery right here!
- 200g (7oz) shortbread biscuits, crushed
- 25g (1oz) butter, melted
- 150g (5½ oz) butter
- 150g (5½ oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 200g (7oz) milk or dark chocolate, melted
- 18cm (7in) square brownie tin, lined with baking parchment
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and then lightly press the mixture into the tin to make an even layer. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Place the butter and sugar into a non-stick pan and stir over a medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. To make a golden caramel, add the condensed milk, stirring continuously, until the first bubbles appear on the surface. Remove from the heat as soon as it comes to the boil.
- Spread the caramel evenly over the crumb base and then cool and chill for about half an hour. Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel, smoothing to the edges.
- When the chocolate has hardened a little, cut your Millionaire's shortbread up into squares.
Top Tip for making Phil Vickery's millionaire's shortbread
Why not make mini Millionaires – simply place into a 20cm (8") and cut into 20 squares, perfect for a picnic or party
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Phil Vickery has been part of the This Morning team for over 20 years and his recipes are unsurprisingly a huge hit with families as they are fuss-free, wholesome and delicious. He’s one of the country’s most-loved chefs and is passionate about using locally sourced ingredients to cook classic British dishes. In fact, in Phil’s spare time he likes to spend ours on his farm tending to the land and livestock, which includes pigs.
Gluten free biscuit recipe with no added sugar
Our gluten free biscuit recipe uses chocolate as the sweetener making them deliicous and squidgy.
By Jessica Dady Published
Video recipe! Smoked trout pate
goodtoknow has lots of easy Christmas recipes like Smoked Trout Mousse. Check out our easy step-by-step guide to making these Christmas starters with our new baking video below.
By GoodtoKnow Published
Video recipe: Phil Vickery's ginger biscuits
These ginger biscuits look lovely and festive hanging from the tree at Christmas and they taste great too! Follow along in our easy step-by-step video recipe visit goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes
By Phil Vickery Published