Phil Vickery's lemon posset recipe is absolutely scrumptious. With zesty lemons and chopped mint leaves for a totally refreshing summer pud - and lashings of whipped cream for delicious sweetness - it's a light and creamy dessert that's just fabulous after dinner.
It's really easy to make as it only contains a few ingredients. As Phil says: 'This is one of our easiest recipes… only 3 ingredients! Try this delightfully zesty lemon creamy dessert and we think you'll agree it's so much better than a shop-bought dessert!'
Love Phil's recipes? We've got loads more recipes by Phil Vickery right here!
- 397g can Carnation Condensed Milk
- 150ml carton double cream
- Finely grated zest and juice of 4 large unwaxed lemons (about 150ml)
- 1tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1tsp granulated sugar
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Whisk the condensed milk and cream together until thick and very light; 4 or 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and zest and whip for a few seconds only as the mixture will thicken very quickly.
- Spoon the lemon cream into ramekins, or a large trifle bowl and then chill for at least an hour, or overnight.
- To serve, muddle the mint leaves with the sugar and lemon juice and sprinkle a little onto the lemon cream.
Top Tip for making Phil Vickery's lemon posset
Serve this with fresh raspberries and a crisp shortbread biscuit.