These delicious German-style snacks are made with boneless pork cutlets and tomato sauce- a simple, easy and flavoursome treat.
- 4 lean pork leg steaks
- 4 mozzarella cheese slices
- 50g (2oz) breadcrumbs or 1 small packet low fat/low salt ready salted crisps, finely crunched
- 2tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2tbsp parmesan cheese (optional)
- Baked chip slices, relish and large mixed salad
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Top the pork steaks and place on chopping board. Cover with a clear plastic bag and hit with a rolling pin until about 0.5cm (1/4in) thick.
- Cut each steak into 4 small bite sized pieces and top with a mozzarella slice.
- Squeeze 30ml (2tbsp) tomato ketchup onto a plate and dip each bite into the sauce. Place the breadcrumbs or crisps onto another plate and season. If you want to make the crumb cheesy add parmesan cheese, grated to the breadcrumbs.
- Lightly dip both sides of the bite into the sauce and then dip into the crumbs or crisps until well covered.
- Place on a non-stick baking tray and bake for about 20 mins until crisp and golden.