‘This trifle recipe came from my mum and it’s really good for parties. Blueberries are full of vitamins and antioxidants, which make up for the high calories!’
- 900g (2lb) blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 1 lemon, juice
- 130g lemon sponge, cut into cubes
- 340g jar lemon curd (use supermarket basic range)
- 450ml (3/4 pt) whipping cream
- 18 Amaretti biscuits crushed
Place blueberries in a saucepan with sugar and lemon juice and cook over low heat until sugar dissolves and berries release juice, remove from heat and cool.
Cut the sponge into cubes and place in serving bowl.
Pour the blueberries over the sponge, keeping two tbsp back for decoration.
Put lemon curd in a bowl and stir in the cream, it should thicken almost immediately. Pour over the sponge and blueberries, then chill (you can prepare this the day before).
Before serving sprinkle over Amaretti biscuits and the remaining blueberries.