Slimming World‘s red pepper, spinach and sweet potato tortilla is a great option for a light, meat-free, meal. Serve with a fresh green salad for more of your 5-a-day.
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled, halved and sliced into thin half moons
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 4 large eggs
- 57g/2oz baby spinach
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- 2 rounded tbsp quark
- 2 little gem lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- ¼ cucumber, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
Mix the red onion, sweet potato and red pepper together and place on a roasting tin lined with baking parchment. Roast the vegetables for 20-25 minutes, until they’re tender. Five minutes before the end of the cooking time, add the rosemary and garlic and mix well. Remove the vegetables from the oven and reduce the temperature to 180°C/Gas 4.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs then add the roasted vegetables and the spinach and mix together well. Season to taste.
Preheat an 18cm-20cm/7-8 inch diameter non-stick, ovenproof frying pan on the hob. Once hot, spray the pan with low calorie cooking spray.
Pour in the eggs and roasted vegetables and then dollop the quark in small spoonfuls over the top. Let the tortilla set slightly on the hob for 1 minute, transfer to the oven and cook for 20 minutes, until set.
Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Serve with the lettuce, tomatoes, carrot and cucumber.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s red pepper, spinach and sweet potato tortilla
Add a drizzle of fat-free French dressing on the salad, if desired.