Chocolate rocky road cheesecake is the ultimate treat if you love rocky road and chocolate - two of the best sweet treats in the world! Chocolate in the base, chocolate in the filling and chocolate on top - what's not to love? This amazing rocky road cheesecake recipe is very quick to make - only 35 minutes excluding chilling time - and it's incredibly easy as well so you don't need to be an expert in the kitchen. You’ll need chocolate chip cookies, miniature pink marshmallows and lots of chocolate, as well as the other usual ingredients you need to make cheesecake. This no-bake chocolate rocky road cheesecake is perfect if you've got lots of people round for a party or gathering, feeding up to 8 people. Because you can prepare this cheesecake quite ahead of serving it, this recipe is great if you want to have something ready in the fridge for when guests arrive, leaving you with a lot of extra time to get ready or just be a bit more relaxed. If you're really a hardcore chocolate fan, make this cheesecake extra naughty and serve with a drizzle of cream or chocolate sauce. Trust us, the calories will be worth it!
- 6 chocolate-covered chocolate biscuit bars (e.g Rocky)
- 150g chocolate chip cookies
- 50g unsalted butter
- 7g (4 sheets) leaf gelatin
- 60ml cold water
- 500g cream cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 30g unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 75g miniature pink marshmallows
- 75g dried sour cherries
- 200ml double cream
- 25g plain chocolate, to decorate
- Either crush the cookies in a blender, or place in a strong polythene bag and beat with a rolling pin to reduce the biscuits to crumbs.
- Melt the butter and combine with the cookie crumbs. Press mixture into bottom of 20cm/8 inch spring-form cake tin. Chill in fridge.
- In a small saucepan, put the gelatin with the 60ml water and soak for 10 mins to soften then stir over low heat until dissolved. Meanwhile, chop the chocolate biscuit bars into small chunks.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the gelatin mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Fold in chopped biscuits, marshmallows and cherries. Lightly whip the cream until softly peaking then fold into the mixture. Spoon evenly over the base then chill until firm.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top.
Top Tip for making Chocolate rocky road cheesecake
You can swap or add in any of your favourite ingredients to step 6 like nuts, raisins or honeycomb
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Sausage and bean stew
Our sausage and bean stew is a fail-safe family recipe. It's basically baked beans and sausages, but it's so good you'll never want to eat them out of a tin again.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Mexican bean sausage soup
Mexican bean and sausage soup is a warm and filling dinner or lunch recipe that you'll want to make time and time again with spicy chorizo and more
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Beans and sausage bake
This beans and sausage bake is packed with chunky potatoes, flageolet and kidney beans in a rich, tomato sauce. A perfect sausage supper.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Iceland is selling a GIANT Cadbury’s Creme Egg dessert just in time for Easter
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Kinder Surprise salmonella warning issued as chocolate eggs RECALLED ahead of Easter
By Selina Maycock • Published
Costa HOT CROSS BUN lattes and hot chocolates are here for Easter 2022
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published