Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
If you love cottage pie and you're looking for a guilt-free version, Slimming World's cottage pie is the answer.
Slimming World's cottage pie is twist on an old classic. Topped with a fluffy potato and carrot mash, this is a delicious healthy recipe (opens in new tab) for the whole family. This recipe takes around 1hr and 20 mins to make. It serves 4 people and is a hearty meal the whole clan with love tucking into come dinner time. Our favourite part of this meal is the creamy carrot and potato mash which is soft and smooth and just perfect with the warming minced meat filling.
- 500g Lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
750g Mixed casserole veg or casserole veg pack
- 450ml Boiling beef stock
- 1kg Floury potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 Leeks, thinly sliced
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray. Place over a medium heat, add the beef and brown for about 5 minutes, breaking up any lumps with the back of a wooden spoon. Drain off any fat. If you’re using a casserole veg pack with whole vegetables, peel and chop the veg. Add the casserole veg to the pan along with the stock. Bring to the boil over a high heat, stirring occasionally, then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat for 12 minutes or until just tender. Add the leeks and cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Drain well, tip back into the saucepan and leave to steam for a few minutes to drive off any excess moisture. Mash well and season to taste. Uncover the beef, bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 5 minutes to reduce any liquid to a nice coating consistency. Season to taste.
- Preheat the grill to hot. Tip the beef mixture into a 1.5-litre ovenproof dish, spoon over the mash to cover completely and smooth with a fork. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and grill for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Recipe courtesy of Slimming World (opens in new tab)
Top Tip for making Slimming World's cottage pie
The minced beef mixture makes a great filling for a jacket potato too.