Primavera is Italian for spring, and this bright and beautiful rice dish is jam-packed with seasonal flavours. Warming and wholesome, it makes a great lunch or light supper and is sure to be popular with all ages
- 250g risotto rice
- 8-10 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 litre boiling vegetable stock
- 400g asparagus tips, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 baby leeks, finely sliced
- 6 baby carrots, peeled and halved lengthways (or quartered if large)
- 6 baby courgettes, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Low calorie cooking spray
Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic, spring onions, leeks, carrots and courgettes and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
Add the rice to the pan and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add a ladleful of the boiling stock and cook, stirring, until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock a ladleful at a time until you have used half of it.
Stir in the asparagus, then continue adding the stock as before until it is all used up and the rice is creamy and tender but still has a little bit of a bite to it, this should take about 20-25 minutes.
Remove from the heat, season well and stir in the parsley before serving.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s risotto primavera
Experiment with the vegetables you include to make this dish different every time