Perfect to warm you up during the winter, this vegetarian Slimming World spicy vegetable chilli will be good for your mood - and your waistline. This recipe serves 4 people and will take 1hr and 10 mins to prepare and cook. This delicious vegetable chilli is ideal if you're a vegetarian or looking to eat a little healthier come dinner time.
This recipe is packed with onions, chilli, garlic and a generous helping of your 5-a-day. The rich tomato sauce is infused with ginger, sprinkled with coriander and ideal served with brown rice or wholemeal tortilla wraps depending on your syn allowance.
- Low calorie oil spray
- 200g (7oz) vega or standard Quorn mince
- 1 red onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped or sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1cm (1-2in) dice
- 2 sticks celery, cut into 1cm (1-2in) dice
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Large handful of coriander leaves, chopped
For the guacamole
- 1 ripe avocado, stoned, peeled and cut into 1cm (1-2in) diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Small handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Very low-fat natural fromage frais
- Spray a large, non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat. Add the Quorn, onion, chilies, garlic, ginger, ground coriander, carrot and celery and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and beans, season well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook gently for 25-30 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile make the guacamole. Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl, season well and set aside until needed.
- Remove the Quorn mixture from the heat, stir in the chopped coriander and serve immediately, garnished with a little fromage frais and accompanied by the guacamole.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World coronation quiche
This Slimming World coronation quiche is certainly fit for royalty packed with spinach, broad beans, and fresh tarragon...
By Slimming World Published
Slimming World mince pies
Make your Christmas that little bit healthier with Slimming World mince pies. Made using ready-made mincemeat, they're ready in just 40 minutes
By Slimming World Published
Vegan basil pesto courgetti with tomatoes and chilli
It takes just four ingredients to make this simple, healthy courgette recipe infused with pesto...
By Jessica Dady Published