These Slimming World individual summer puddings are full of lovely summer fruits.
They need preparing the day before you eat them but are well worth the effort. This recipe serves 4 people and the puddings will take around 30 mins to prepare, but overnight chilling.
- 10 medium slices slightly stale, good-quality white bread, crusts removed
- 225g (8oz) blueberries
- 225g (8oz) blackberries
- 225g (8oz) raspberries
- 100ml (3½ floz) water
- 10-12 tbsp artificial sweetener
- Very low-fat natural fromage frais (optional)
- Line 4 individual pudding basins with cling film, then use the bread slices to line the basins, trimming them to fit and reserving some slices for the 'lids'.
- Place the fruit and water in a saucepan. Sprinkle over the sweetener and bring to a simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 mins. Set aside to cool completely.
- Using a slotted spoon, fill the prepared bowls with the cooked fruit. Cover each with a lid of the reserved bread and trim neatly around the edges. Cover with cling film, then place the bowls on a tray and put a small plate on top of each pudding. Sit a can of baked beans on each plate as a weight and refrigerate for 24 hrs, or up to 3 days if time permits.
- To serve, remove the weights and small plates. Place a shallow dish or serving plate over each basin and carefully invert the pudding. Carefully peel off the cling film and serve with fromage frais, if desired.
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World's burger and chips
This guilt-free burger and chips recipe by Slimming World is the perfect midweek dinner for the whole family...
By Slimming World • Last updated
Slimming World Swiss roll
Slimming World Swiss Roll uses clever substitutions to cut the calories, without losing out on flavour. Use this recipe at Christmas in place of Yule Log.
By Slimming World • Published
Slimming World's smoked salmon muffins
By Slimming World • Published
Sausage and bean stew
Our sausage and bean stew is a fail-safe family recipe. It's basically baked beans and sausages, but it's so good you'll never want to eat them out of a tin again.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Mexican bean sausage soup
Mexican bean and sausage soup is a warm and filling dinner or lunch recipe that you'll want to make time and time again with spicy chorizo and more
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Beans and sausage bake
This beans and sausage bake is packed with chunky potatoes, flageolet and kidney beans in a rich, tomato sauce. A perfect sausage supper.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Who left The Great British Sewing Bee this week? The latest sewer to leave revealed
Is your favourite contestant still in the show? Find out who has been eliminated this week...
By Selina Maycock • Published
Iceland is selling a GIANT Cadbury’s Creme Egg dessert just in time for Easter
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
When do kids break up from school? Summer Holiday dates 2022
By Emily Stedman • Published