Harissa brings the warming heat of North African cooking to these tempting skewers loaded with chunks of juicy lamb.
Slimming World's Harissa lamb skewers are a dinner party favourite. The Morroccan-spiced meat has hints of cumin, coriander and garlic, complemented by the creamy dip. This delicious recipe can we served alongside toasted pitta bread and crunch salad.
- 8 thin-cut lean lamb leg steaks, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 2 tbsp harissa spice mix or Moroccan spice blend
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 250g dried bulgar wheat
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- Small handful of roughly chopped fresh coriander and mint
- Juice of 2 lemons, plus wedges to serve
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- First make the taboulleh. Put the bulgar wheat, cumin, ginger and cinnamon in a dry non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and cook for 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a wide heatproof bowl and pour in enough boiling water to just cover the bulgar wheat. Cover with cling film and leave for 10 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, put the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and herbs in a large bowl with the lemon juice. Season well and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Put the lamb into a bowl, sprinkle over the spice mix and season well. Thread the lamb on to eight metal skewers, spray with low calorie cooking spray and grill for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- Tip the bulgar wheat into the tomato mixture, stir in with a fork and check the seasoning.
- Serve the harissa lamb with the taboulleh and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World's burger and chips
This guilt-free burger and chips recipe by Slimming World is the perfect midweek dinner for the whole family...
By Slimming World • Last updated
Slimming World Swiss roll
Slimming World Swiss Roll uses clever substitutions to cut the calories, without losing out on flavour. Use this recipe at Christmas in place of Yule Log.
By Slimming World • Published
Slimming World's smoked salmon muffins
By Slimming World • Published
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken
Gordon Ramsay's butter chicken recipe is so easy to make and tastes delicious. It includes a butter chicken sauce and spice rub for the chicken...
By Gordon Ramsay • Published
Spicy onion bhajis
These delicious, flavour-packed spicy onion bhajis are so simple to make. With this classic Indian recipe you'll have these favourites made in no time
By Nichola Palmer • Published
Sausage and bean stew
Our sausage and bean stew is a fail-safe family recipe. It's basically baked beans and sausages, but it's so good you'll never want to eat them out of a tin again.
By Jessica Dady • Published
Winter Love Island has been confirmed for 2023
Winter Love Island is back for another year
By Caitlin Elliott • Last updated
Slimming World removes low-fat soft cheese from the Healthy Extras list
And they’ve cut the daily syns allowance…
By Jessica Ransom • Published
This 11p lunch is perfect for saving money as living costs rise
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Published