This delicious Slimming World minted lamb couscous salad is a hearty lunch or filling dinner. Tender lean lamb, crunchy red peppers and softly cooked couscous make a delightful combination. This recipe is a great way to using up leftovers - leftover veggies or meat, and is the perfect packed lunch that will keep you fuller for longer thanks the protein packed lamb.
- 200g lean lamb leg steak, visible fat removed
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 150g dried couscous
- Small handful of finely chopped fresh mint
For the marinade:
- 3tbsp lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 2tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 4tbsp passata
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Put all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Add the lamb, courgette, peppers and red onion to the marinade and stir to coat well. Tip everything into a roasting tin, spray with low calorie cooking spray and roast for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to just cover. Set aside, covered, for about 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the grains are tender. Run a fork through the couscous to fluff up the grains.
- Set the lamb aside to rest for 10 minutes then roughly chop and fold into the couscous with the roasted vegetables.
- Scatter over the mint.
- Eat some straight away or cool and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days. This salad is great eaten cold or thoroughly reheated in a microwave.
Top Tip for making Slimming World's minted lamb couscous salad
This recipe would work just as well with lean pork or beef
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World coronation quiche
This Slimming World coronation quiche is certainly fit for royalty packed with spinach, broad beans, and fresh tarragon...
By Slimming World Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer Published
Slimming World mince pies
Make your Christmas that little bit healthier with Slimming World mince pies. Made using ready-made mincemeat, they're ready in just 40 minutes
By Slimming World Published