Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Swap cocktail sausage for these meaty bites, they're packed full of flavour and they're ready in less than 30 minutes. Taken from Slimming World's summer plan, they're better for you than you might think.
- 800g extra lean minced beef
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ an apple, peeled, cored and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 6-8tbsp of finely chopped dill
- 4tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Grated lemon zest and chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Place the mince, spring onions, apple, garlic, lemon zest and chopped herbs in a bowl and, using your fingers, mix until well combined. Season well and shape into walnut-sized balls.
- Spray a large ovenproof frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Add the meatballs and gently stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve warm, garnished with lemon zest and chopped parsley, or allow to cool then pack in an airtight container for a sunny picnic.
Top Tip for making Slimming World’s picnic meatballs
Serve this up with some salad and low calorie dressing for a really healthy and light summer dinner
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World fruity pasta salad
This fresh, citrusy pasta salad makes a delicious light lunch and is ideal picnic food. A fruity pasta by Slimming World with orange, apples, and grapes...
By Slimming World • Published
Slimming World's spaghetti Bolognese
Slimming World's spaghetti Bolognese is a delicious, meaty meal that you can serve up to the whole family, but it won't wreck your diet.
By Slimming World • Published
Slimming World's burger and chips
This guilt-free burger and chips recipe by Slimming World is the perfect midweek dinner for the whole family...
By Slimming World • Last updated
Red velvet cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes from the Hummingbird Bakery have deep red sponge with a delicious cream cheese frosting. They are delightfully decadent.
By Jessica Dady • Published
A vegetable stew recipe that is quick, cheap and easy to make and is an absolute family favourite. Speeded up by swapping haricot beans for canned butter beans, this meal is a winner
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Jam tarts are one of the simplest bakes around, perfect for making with kids, for novice bakers, or anyone who just fancies a bit of a retro treat.
By Rachael Martin • Published
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
The Revlon Blow Dry Brush the internet lost its mind over is so cheap for Amazon Prime Day
The best-selling Revlon Blow Dry Brush that went viral online has been price slashed
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
These 7 everyday clothing items could get drivers FINED up to £5,000 - do you wear them at the wheel?
By Selina Maycock • Published