Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Slow cooker Asian chicken thighs are so easy to make as there's no need to marinate them before slow cooking. Each chicken thigh is infused with the delicious Asian flavours of garlic, ginger, chilli and sesame and this dish tastes great served with sticky rice and a sprinkling of spring onions.
Read our tried and tested reviews of the best slow cookers. (opens in new tab)
- 1kg chicken thighs, bone in, skinless
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketjap manis
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- large handful coriander
- 3 spring onions, shredded
- Put the chicken, soy and fish sauces, vinegar, ketjap manis, agave, chillies, ginger and garlic into a slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hrs.
- Alternatively, place all the ingredients in a casserole with a scrunched up piece of wet greaseproof paper inside the lid and cook in the oven on its lowest setting for 3 hrs.
- Just before serving, remove the chicken from the bones and loosely pull apart.
- Garnish the chicken and gravy with sesame seeds, coriander and spring onion, and serve with sticky rice.
Top Tip for making Slow cooker Asian chicken thighs
For the ketjap manis we'd recommend visiting Marks and Spencers