A perfect example of a well balanced meal is this jacket potato recipe. In just 25 mins you can whip up a dinner for your family which incorporates protein, vitamins, carbs and essential omega-3s, and who said healthy eating was difficult?
Like this? You're going to love our jacket potato fillings.
- 4 medium size potatoes (175g-225g/6-8oz each)
- 300g ready-to-eat peppered smoked mackerel fillets
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp Half-fat creme fraiche
- Extra: watercress/rocket
- Healthy: 1 lemon
- Scrub the potatoes, then dry and prick each one several times with a sharp knife.
- Microwave Method: Cook one potato (225g/8oz) for 6 mins on full power (800W), turn half way through cooking. Allow to stand for 1 - 2 minutes before serving. If cooking more than one potato at a time you need to increase the cooking time accordingly.
- Oven Method: Rub a few drops of olive oil into the potato skin, place the potatoes in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/400°F/gas 6 on a baking tray with salt sprinkled around the potato. Bake for 1¼ hours or until soft.
- When the potato is almost ready, in a bowl mix together the mackerel fillets, discarding the skin, with the spring onions and creme fraiche and serve on the jacket.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.