Asparagus is low in cholesterol and contains no calories, making it one of the healthiest veg around- combined with smoked salmon, this dish is guaranteed to leave you feeling great!
- 1 x 500g block shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 2 packs asparagus spear tips, blanched and cooled.
- 250g (9oz) smoked salmon (use a pack of trimmings as the salmon needs to be in small pieces)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 x 248ml tub soured cream
- 125ml (4fl oz) milk
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Black pepper and grated nutmeg
- Few fronds of dill, if desired
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 5. Have ready 8 individual tart tins.
- Divide pastry into 8 equal portions and use to line each tart tin, place on a baking sheet and bake blind for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat together eggs, cream, milk and seasonings and cut or tear salmon into pieces.
- After 10 mins, remove tray from oven and remove baking beans and paper from cases.
- Divide the asparagus spears and salmon pieces between the cases, gently pour over the egg mixture and return to oven and bake for 15 -18 mins or until pastry is golden and custard set.
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Gluten-free smoked salmon tartlets
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Slimming World's smoked salmon, cottage cheese and rocket rolls
Quick and easy party food from Slimming World. These smoked salmon rolls will be on the table (and in their mouths!) in no time
By Slimming World • Published
Salmon pasta with crème fraîche
This salmon pasta with leeks, broccoli, green beans and parsley is easy to make and tastes delicious - plus it gives you a healthy dose of omega-3 too.
By Octavia Lillywhite • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Aldi is selling a sausage roll maker for under £15 and it's the ULTIMATE stocking filler for pastry lovers
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Bake Off fans are all saying the same hilarious thing about Prue Leith's outfit after pastry week
By Selina Maycock • Published
This Ferrero Rocher pastry recipe has just four ingredients and is going viral
By Caitlin Elliott • Published