Try these quick flatbreads, like pitta breads, but using gluten-free flour and buckwheat flour and a mixture of seeds. Grilled to serve straightaway.
Like this? You’re going to love our roti recipe!
- 100g (3½oz) gluten-free self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting (we used Doves Farm)
- 100g (3½oz) buckwheat flour (we used Doves Farm)
- 2 level tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 level tsp salt
- 3 tbsp mixed seeds (taken from a tub of Munchy Seeds Omega Sprinkle containing sunflower, pumpkin, hemp, sesame, rape and flax seeds)
- 150ml (¼ pint) natural yogurt
- Cheese, pickles, and lettuce, to serve
- 2 baking sheets, greased and floured
Heat the grill until really hot. Put the flours into a bowl, add the baking powder, salt and 2 tbsp of the seeds. Stir in the yogurt and just enough water (3-4 tbsp) to make a soft dough.
Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces, then shape each piece into an oval about 5mm (¼in) thick and put them on to the baking sheets. Sprinkle with the rest of the seeds.
Grill them for 3-5 minutes each side, until golden brown and slightly puffed. Serve warm with cheese, pickles and crunchy leaves. The breads are best made and eaten as you need them.
Top tip for making Speedy seeded flatbreads
Use only white flour if you prefer. If you just have plain gluten-free flour, add 3 1/2 level tsp baking powder