Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
These sticky snack ribs are the perfect bite to share with friends whilst watching a big sports game, the ideal partner for a cold beer! The sweet and spicy marinade adds such great flavour to these ribs, and makes them so tender and moreish. A platter of these sticky snack ribs is guaranteed to please a crowd of hungry guests at any party or barbecue. We spoke to rib expert Chef Sam Wanstall, from the Q Guild of Butchers about some tips for cooking ribs. He insists that “For your baby back ribs make sure you choose the meatiest ones you can find, nice thick cuts. Ask your butcher to trim the fat off and remove the membrane, then cook your ribs according to the recipe but low and slow works so well.” If you love ribs, but have never attempted to make them yourself, then this quick and easy recipe for sticky snap ribs is just the thing to get you started.
- 1kg free-range, baby back pork ribs
For the marinade
- 3tbsp honey
- 1tsp chilli flakes, or 1 whole chilli, finely sliced
- 2tbsp pomegranate molasses
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp sesame oil
- To make the marinade, mix all of the ingredients with 150ml water to make a smooth sauce. Coat the ribs in the sauce and leave to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 220C. Place the marinated ribs on a rack in a roasting tray lined with foil. Cook for 40 minutes, turning halfway. You can also cook them on the barbecue. Just start in a hot spot then move to the edges for 10-12 minutes until charred. Serve warm.