Our trifle-misu recipe is a fun hybrid of two of our favourite desserts. It's delicious and easy to make.
Prepare our trifle-misu ahead of time in individual glasses or one large dish for the ultimate, easy dinner party dessert. We've combined our favourite elements from the classic trifle and tiramisu to create one mega recipe.
- For the cream:
- 3 egg yolks
- 60g caster sugar
- 250g pot mascarpone
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 125ml whipping cream
- 3tbsp of medium sweet Marsala wine
For the compote:
- 300g raspberries
- 15g caster sugar
- 24 Amaretti biscuits, gluten free
- 50ml strong coffee (50ml water + 1/2tsp instant coffee)
- 30g white chocolate
You will need:
- 6 glasses
- Start by making the compote. Set six of the most attractive berries aside and put the remainder into a pan with the sugar. Cook over a low heat, mix the berries until they fall apart. Bring up to the boil and set aside to cool.
- For the cream put the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Using a handheld electric whisk beat until the mixture balloons is volume and turns extremely thick and pale. In a separate bowl whisk the marsala, vanilla and mascarpone and cream together until stiff. Gently fold the two mixtures together and set them aside.
- Dip 12 of the biscuits into the coffee and break 2 into the base of each glass. Grate the chocolate on top using a fine parmesan or nutmeg grater. Divide half of the compote between the glasses. Followed by half of the cream mixture. Repeat and top with the spare raspberries and a little extra grated chocolate. Chill for 2 hours, or overnight in the fridge. Remove from the fridge 30 mins before serving.
Top tips for making trifle-misu:
- If you have time, it's best to make the trifle-misu the night before so that the flavours fully infuse
- We like the individual servings but you could assemble this in one large trifle dish if you prefer
You might also like...
Rose Fooks is Deputy Food Editor at Future Publishing, creating recipes, reviewing products and writing food features for a range of lifestyle and home titles including GoodTo and Woman&Home. Before joining the team, Rose obtained a Diplome de Patisserie and Culinary Management at London’s Le Cordon Bleu. Going on to work in professional kitchens at The Delaunay and Zedel.
Christmas trifle is great to prep ahead of time and this Christmas Trifle recipe is the ultimate festive dessert using mulled wine and layers of custard
By GoodtoKnow • Published
Coconut milk panna cotta
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Chai latte cheesecake bars
By Keiron George • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
WhatsApp users warned over free beer scam ahead of Fathers' Day
Mobile phone users are being warned about a WhatsApp free beer scam that's doing the rounds.
By Selina Maycock • Published
Iceland is selling a GIANT Cadbury’s Creme Egg dessert just in time for Easter
By Naomi Jamieson • Published
Winter Love Island has been confirmed for 2023
Winter Love Island is back for another year
By Caitlin Elliott • Last updated