This classic and delicious Italian tiramisu is creamy and moreish. It's so quick to make and perfect as a dinner party dessert
This creamy coffee-infused classic is a quick and moreish dessert recipe packed full of sweet flavour. Triple-tested in the Good to Know kitchen, this classic Italian recipe - tiramisu - makes 4 individual portions that are perfect for sharing.
A creamy mascarpone base and a dash of Tia Maria makes this quick Tiramisu a delicious choice. They only take 15 mins to make and are bedded with soft sponge fingers. These absorb all the moisture and flavour of the alcohol.
You could serve this recipe in a large serving bowl instead. To do this, just layer the same as you would in individual glasses so it looks just as impressive.
If you haven't got an oven or you don't enjoy baking this is a great no-bake dessert recipe.
- 2tbsp ground coffee
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 1tbsp icing sugar
- 4tbsp Tia Maria (or another coffee liqueur, brandy or Marsala)
- 16 sponge fingers
- 2tsp cocoa powder
- 4 glasses or cups
- Put the coffee in a cafetière, add 200ml boiling water and leave for 5 mins. Meanwhile, soften the mascarpone in a bowl with the icing sugar and 3 tablespoons of the liqueur.
- Pour the coffee into a shallow dish. Add a tablespoon of liqueur. Using 8 sponge fingers, soak 2 of them at a time in the coffee, then break into 2 or 3 pieces into the 4 glasses or cups.
- Spoon an eighth of the cheese mixture into each glass/cup, then dip the last 8 fingers into the rest of the coffee and place on top. Spoon the rest of the cheese mixture over. Dust with cocoa powder. Serve straightaway or chill.
Top Tip for making Tiramisu
If you don’t have ground coffee, use 2tbsps good instant coffee and make it in a jug.