Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Weight Watchers baked jam doughnuts are diet food at its finest! Doughnuts are normally deep fried so these have been baked to reduce the fat content, but not the taste. Treat yourself to a guilt-free snack with a cuppa or a scoop of ice cream warmed for dessert. This recipe makes 20 doughnuts and takes around 1hr and 25 mins to prepare and cook. These doughnuts are well worth the wait and will put that sugar craving at bay.
- 500g plain, strong white flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 sachet(s) dried yeast
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 125ml skimmed milk
- 150ml hot water
- 10 spray(s) calorie controlled cooking spray
- 400g strawberry jam
- 4tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Sift the flour and salt together in a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and yeast. Make a well in the middle and add the beaten egg.
- Mix together the milk and water to give a warm liquid, then pour into the well. Mix to a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead the dough until smooth and elastic – about 6-8 minutes. Divide into 20 equal pieces and shape into rounds.
- Spray baking sheets with low fat cooking spray. Arrange the doughnuts on them, well-spaced apart to allow for rising. Cover with cling film or clean, damp tea towels until almost doubled in size. This will take about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / fan oven 200°C / Gas Mark 7. Bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and golden. Cool.
- Make a small incision into each doughnut and fill with 1 tsp of jam. Brush each doughnut with water and roll in caster sugar and cinnamon (if using).
Top Tip for making Weight Watchers baked jam doughnuts
Like this? You'll love our other lower-fat dessert ideas