This winter pavola is a delicious spin on a summer favourite. With two layers of marshmallowy meringue – it’s a real showstopper! Jewelled with fresh raspberries and pomegranate seeds, this winter pavlova will be the star of the show at any festive meal.
Looking for another winter dessert, why not try our recipe for a delicious Christmas pudding to really put you in the festive spirit this time of year.
- 5 large egg whites
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 2tsp cornflour
- 2tsp vinegar
For the filling and decoration:
- 300ml double cream, whipped
- 6tbsp lemon curd
- 300g raspberries
- 200g pomegranate seeds
- 2 figs, cut into 8
- Heat the oven to 120C. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment. Draw a 20cm circle on each.
- Put the egg whites in a clean, grease-free bowl and whisk with an electric mixer, until stiffly peaking. Tip the bowl – the egg whites are ready if they do not slide around.
- Continue whisking the egg whites, adding the sugar just 1tbsp at a time. Combine the vanilla, cornflour and vinegar, stir until smooth, then whisk in.
- Spoon the mixture into a large piping bag, fitted with a large star nozzle. Pipe large swirls to make the 20cm round base. Repeat to make a second meringue round, then pipe another series of swirls around the edge of one.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours until firm. Leave the meringues to cool in the turned-off oven with the door slightly open. Store in an airtight tin until needed.
- Put the flatter pavlova on a serving dish, carefully peeling away parchment paper. Spoon two thirds of the cream into the centre. Drizzle over the lemon curd. Pile in half the raspberries, pomegranate seeds and figs.
- Carefully peel the other meringue away from the parchment and position on top of the fruit. Spoon the remaining cream in the centre and arrange the rest of the raspberries, pomegranates seeds and figs in the centre. Eat within 2 hours of assembling.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Coconut milk panna cotta
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Chai latte cheesecake bars
By Keiron George • Published
Homemade brandy butter
This boozy brandy butter recipe is a must with Christmas pud and mince pies- or if you're feeling really decadent then you could even eat it straight from the bowl!
By Jessica Dady • Published
Rosemary Conley's beef steak pie
This healthy beef steak pie is packed with a lean meat and topped with a delicious flaky golden pastry topping.
By Rosemary Conley • Published
You don't need a traditional clay oven to make naan. Learn how to make naan bread in a frying pan - for wonderfully light, fluffy bread every time...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Chicken and bacon risotto
Chicken and bacon risotto is a quick and easy meal for the whole family. Our recipe takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook...
By Sue McMahon • Published
Winter Love Island has been confirmed for 2023
Winter Love Island is back for another year
By Caitlin Elliott • Last updated
The M&S Christmas advert features two VERY famous British celebs
By Selina Maycock • Published
Cyber Monday travel deals: Save on trips at British Airways, easyJet and Virgin Atlantic with these late Black Friday discounts
By Grace Walsh • Published