These inspirational quotes for kids offer words of hope and encouragement from the likes of Disney heroes and famous children’s authors.
Whether your little one is struggling at school, having friendship woes or just needs some encouragement to believe in themselves – it’s all here in this list.
We’ve picked out some magical children’s book quotes from stories like Harry Potter to Roald Dahl’s best quotes and made a note of any famous film lines that will uplift your little ones. You’ll also find classic quotes from much-admired historical heroes like Martin Luther King Jr. and the Dalai Lama below. All with the hopes they’ll be treasured and memorised, and help inspire our next generation of dreamers.
You could always turn one of these inspirational quotes into a piece of art for their bedroom, so they can be reminded to always look on the positive side of things when they’re next feeling down. Or have them draw out their favourite quote and create their own piece during your next easy kid’s crafts afternoon.
Either way, these inspirational quotes are ones that are sure to help when your little one next needs a lift…
Best inspirational quotes for kids:
1. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh
2. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”― Oscar Wilde
3. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “If you focus on what you left behind, you will never see what lies ahead.” – Gusteau, Ratatouille
5. “If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
6. “Remember you’re the one who can fill the world with sunshine.” — Snow White, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
7. “Our fate lives within us; you only have to be brave enough to see it.” — Merida, Brave
8. “Everything you can imagine is real.”― Pablo Picasso
9. “When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming.” – Dory, Finding Nemo
10. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” ― Winston S. Churchill
11. “Never look back, darling. It distracts for the now.” – Edna Mode, The Incredibles
12. “It’s not about what it is, it’s about what it can become.” – Dr Suess
13. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”― Audrey Hepburn
14. “Don’t fear failure. Be afraid of not having the chance, you have the chance!” – Sally Carrera, Cars 3
15. “You can’t focus on what’s going wrong. There’s always a way to turn things around.” – Joy, Inside Out
16. “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”― Dalai Lama XIV
17. “Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change the world.” – Matilda, Roald Dahl
18. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
19. “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself.”– Luna Lovegood, Harry Potter
20. “If you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” – Roald Dahl
21. “Never doubt yourself, it will only hold you back.” – J.M. Barrie
22. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
23. “Never look down on anybody unless you’re helping them up.”
24. “In every job that must be done there is an element of fun.”Mary Poppins
25. “Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.”
26. “I see now that the circumstances of one’s birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”Mewtwo, Pokemon