Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Brussels sprout and bacon bubble and squeak is a delicious way to use up those roast dinner leftovers. Because Brussels sprouts get a little nuttier and sweeter when they're stir-fried this recipe usually goes down well with even the most reluctant of veggie eaters, helping you to get an extra portion of greens into little ones without them even noticing. Add the saltiness of the bacon and you've got a deliciously satisfying meal for the whole family.
This recipe uses cooked potatoes but you could easily use up leftover mashed potatoes as well if you have them, which will make your meal time even speedier. We like to serve our Brussels sprout and bacon bubble and squeak with a soft poached eggs and some sausages for a lazy brunch during the Christmas holidays or as a weekend lunch during the colder months when going to the shops seems too much like hard work!
And feel free to pop any extras in you fancy too, fried onions or shredded greens work well as do herbs like thyme and rosemary for an added flavour kick.
Make sure you're cooking your sprouts the best way by following our super easy guide on how to cook brussels sprouts.
- 6 rashers thick-cut unsmoked bacon, chopped
- 450g (1lb) potatoes, cooked
- 225g (8oz) Brussels sprouts, cooked and chopped
- 3tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Fry the chopped bacon until crisp. Crush the cooked potatoes with a fork and add to the bacon with the Brussels sprouts.
- Add the parsley and olive oil. Fry for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Poach the eggs and serve with the brussel sprout and bacon bubble and squeak (opens in new tab), or try sausages instead for a meaty alternative to the eggs (or treat yourself to both!).
Top Tip for making Brussels sprout and bacon bubble and squeak
Add a pinch of cayenne or a dash of Tabasco if you want to spice it up.