Woman's Weekly have created this delicious lemon berry pudding you won't be able to resist. Go on treat yourself!
- 150g (5oz) blueberries
- 30g (1oz) butter, softened
- 125g (4oz) caster sugar
- Grated zest and juice of
- 1 lemon (4-5 tbsp)
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 150ml (¼ pint) milk
- 30g (1oz) plain flour
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Cream, to serve
- 600-900ml (1-1½ pint) pie dish or soufflé dish, buttered
- Set the oven to Gas Mark 5 or 190°C. Put the blueberries in the dish. Cream the butter and 2 tbsp of the sugar in a large bowl. Add the lemon zest and strained lemon juice. Beat together well.
- Mix the egg yolks into the milk. Gradually beat small quantities at a time into the creamed mixture, with the flour and remaining sugar, beating until the mixture is well blended.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not too dry, and fold into the lemon mixture. Pour into the dish.
- Put the dish in a roasting tin and add boiling water to come 2.5cm (1in) up the sides of the dish. Bake for 40-45 mins until the top is brown and set. There will be a gooey sauce underneath. Dust with icing sugar for serving. Serve warm or cold, with cream and more fruit.
Top Tip for making Berry lemon pudding
When they’re in season, use fresh blackberries or raspberries in this pudding.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
When does autumn start? First day of autumn 2022
If you're wondering when does autumn start in the UK, we reveal the official date and month that marks the end of summer and the beginning of autumn
By Ellie Hutchings • Last updated
The Queen’s dinner table rule means this everyday essential isn’t ‘allowed’ for her royal relatives
The Queen reportedly prefers a more 'formal' approach to mealtimes and prioritises traditional etiquette with her nearest and nearest...
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Where is Winter Love Island 2023 filmed? Location of the latest series revealed
Winter Love Island 2023 filmed in a different location to previous years, and we take a look at where, while answering other burning questions about the series.
By Lucy Wigley • Published