These blueberry orange muffins are a fab breakfast, brunch, lunch or snack option.
It might not sound like the most conventional of pairings, but our blueberry orange muffin recipe is nothing short of delicious. This inspired twist on the classic blueberry muffins treat, sees the citrus and tanginess of the orange complimented by the sweet berries. And all surrounded by a light and fluffy sponge. Taking just 5 mins to prepare and 15 mins to cook - you can have these wonderful bakes ready to eat in less than half an hour too. Enjoy on their own or alongside an afternoon cuppa.
- 85g butter, cut into chunks
- 215g plain flour
- 65g sugar
- 2tsp baking powder
- ¼tsp salt
- 150ml whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1tsp finely grated orange zest
- ½tsp vanilla essence
- 100g blueberries
- To make this blueberry muffin recipe, preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Melt butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Leave to cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile line the muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl. In a separate small bowl, beat together the milk, egg, orange zest and vanilla. Stir in the blueberries. Add the milk mixture and melted butter to the flour mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Fill each muffin liner with batter. Sprinkle sugar evenly over the tops. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown and the toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.
Top tips for making blueberry orange muffins:
Don't fill the cups in your muffin tin more than ¾ full of batter, or you'll end up with very flat muffin tops. To get nice domed tops, fill them about 2∕3 full.
You might also like...
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Emily Stedman is the former Features Editor for GoodTo covering all things TV, entertainment, royal, lifestyle, health and wellbeing. Boasting an encyclopaedic knowledge on all things TV, celebrity and royals, career highlights include working at HELLO! Magazine and as a royal researcher to Diana biographer Andrew Morton on his book Meghan: A Hollywood Princess. In her spare time, Emily can be found eating her way around London, swimming at her local Lido or curled up on the sofa binging the next best Netflix show.
This easy chocolate muffins recipe makes 12 and take 20 minutes to bake.
By Jessica Ransom Last updated
Our raspberry muffins are ready in 45 minutes and contain 167 calories per cake.
By Jessica Dady Last updated
Baked bean muffins
If your child is a fan of baked beans they’ll love these muffins. Instead of beans on toast for lunch why not try these baked bean muffins? Each muffin is filled to the brim with baked beans and the cheese bursts through in each and every bite!
By Anneliese Giggins Published