Cherry, apricot and chocolate chip flapjacks are cheap and easy to make plus they are perfect for picnics, lunchboxes and afternoon nibbles. This recipe makes 16 flapjacks and will take around 1hr to prepare and bake. These flapjacks are bursting with flavour thanks to the cherries. apricots and chocolate. The combination is heavenly. These flapjacks can be stored in an airtight container on the kitchen or in a cool, dark environment for up to to 2 days.
- 175g butter, plus extra for greasing
- 175g golden syrup
- 4 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 300g porridge oats
- Pinch of salt
- 50g dried cherries, halved
- 75g ready-to-eat dried apricots, chopped
- 40g white chocolate chips
- 40g dark or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Grease a 20cm square baking tin and line it with greaseproof paper - by leaving an overhang of paper, the flapjacks will be easier to remove later.
- Melt the butter with the golden syrup in a large saucepan over a gentle heat. Bring to the boil and cook for 2mins, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat.
- Mix together the sweetener, porridge oats, salt, cherries, apricots and chocolate chips. Add to the saucepan and stir together until thoroughly mixed. Tip into the prepared tin and level the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
- Cool for 30 mins, then remove from the tin and cut into 16 squares. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack. Keep in an airtight container, or wrap in greaseproof paper.
Top Tip for making Cherry, apricot and chocolate chip flapjacks
Oats contain the B vitamins thiamin, riboflavin and B6 and the minerals, calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc.
You might also like...
Chocolate chip cake (opens in new tab)
Mary Berry's flapjack recipe (opens in new tab)