Chorizo stew with chicken and vegetables is a one pan dish that is bursting with the flavours of the Mediterranean. Smoky Spanish chorizo gives this stew such a deep and rich flavour. Make sure you use raw cooking chorizo for this recipe, not the ready to eat charcuterie variety, as it will release the best flavour as it cooks. This chorizo stew with chicken and vegetables is the perfect midweek meal that the whole family will love. You can serve it with potatoes or rice, if you like, or leave as it is for a more low carb option. You can use any part of the chicken you like for this chorizo stew. We love thighs on the bone as they give such great flavour, but fussy eaters might prefer chicken breast. For more ideas using chorizo, try our chicken and chorizo pasta or our cheesy chorizo quesadillas.
- 8 pieces chicken – thighs, breast or drumsticks
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 200g cooking chorizo, cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch kale, stalks removed and leaves chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch oregano
- 50g feta, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Place the chicken pieces in an ovenproof dish and toss together with the olive oil, chorizo chunks, aubergine and pepper. Roast for 30 mins until the vegetables are just charred and the chicken is coloured.
- Remove the dish from the oven, pour over the tinned tomatoes, kale and stir in the oregano. Return to the oven for a further 25mins until the sauce has thickened and the chicken cooked through. Remove, top with the crumbled feta, and serve.
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Jules is a creative and talented Food Editor with over 12 years' experience in the food industry across brands and magazine titles. Jules' experience is cast and varied, from food Editor to food writing. She is also passionate about food sustainability and has an amazing talent for food Styling.
Air fryer Turkish-style stuffed aubergine with saffron and yogurt dip
Air fryer aubergine stuffed with a Turkish-style filling served with a saffron infused yogurt dip...
By Clare Andrews Published
These aubergine sliders are so simple to make and are tasty too. They’ll make the perfect side dish for a BBQ or special dinner with chicken
By Jessica Dady Published
Aubergine, bean and potato curry
This aubergine, bean and potato curry is a simple and satisfying vegetarian curry.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published