Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Christmas cookies are a really speedy and easy bake that are fun to make with kids too.
Festive, fetching and full of flavour, our Christmas cookies recipe uses some seasonal coloured red and green M&Ms to help create a tasty chocolate treat. They take just 25 minutes to make and bake. And most of the ingredients are store cupboard essentials like flour, sugar, golden syrup and vanilla extract. This is also a tried and tested, kid-friendly bake. Why not let them get creative on the cookies with some icing pens and letting them draw on festive stars? This will make them perfect to hang on the tree or give to grandparents as a homemade food gift.
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 160g self-raising flour
- 100g red M&Ms
- 100g green M&Ms
- To make this cookie recipe, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Beat the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Beat the golden syrup into the butter and sugar along with the vanilla extract. Sift in the flour and salt until just combined.
- Crush the M&Ms lightly with the bottom of a mug or end of a rolling pin. Stir the broken up M&Ms into the cookie dough mixture with a large metal spoon, until just combined.
- Bring together the cookie dough in a ball and place on a floured work surface. Roll the cookie dough out to approximately 1cm thick and cut the cookies into circles using a medium-sized cookie cutter. If you plan to hang your cookies from the tree, make a small hole 1cm from the top of the cookie using your index finger.
- Place the cookies onto the lined baking tray, allowing plenty of room for them to spread while baking.
- Bake for 12 mins or until just golden brown.
- Allow chocolate chip cookies to cool on the tray for few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, you can thread a ribbon through the hole in each cookie and tie them to your tree.
Top tips for making Christmas cookies:
You could always swap your M&Ms for red and green smarties if they're more to your liking.
You might also like...
Chocolate chip cookies (opens in new tab)
Sugar cookies recipe (opens in new tab)
Peanut butter cookies