This easy superfood salmon and spinach tagliatelle recipe costs just 73p per serving, takes just 20 minutes to make and is deliciously creamy - perfect for tonight's dinner! This superfood dish is so easy to make and ideal for sharing with friends and family. The soft, flaky salmon and the rich creamy sauce works wonders together. Add a few handfuls of spinach to count towards your 5-a-day and you've got one wholesome dinner. Spinach is full of vitamins C and A and high in protein, calcium and magnesium, so it’s a great veg to include in this meal. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge and reheated or served cold the next day for lunch. You could serve this delicious dish cold with a freshly prepared salad or you could serve it warm topped with a generous helping of cheese and some crusty bread ready for mopping up that creamy sauce – there are plenty of opportunities!
- 225g/8oz tagliatelle
- 1 (100g) bag spinach leaves, washed
- 2 (180g) cans skinless and boneless pink salmon, flaked
- ½ x 200g tub reduced-fat sour cream and chive dip
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To make is superfood recipe, cook the tagliatelle in a large pan of boiling salted water for 10-12 mins or until just tender. Meanwhile, drain the salmon well, then pick over discarding any skin or bones. Flake the salmon.
- Place the spinach in a colander. When the tagliatelle is cooked, pour it into the colander over the top of the spinach to drain, the boiling water will wilt the spinach without overcooking it.
- Return the pasta and spinach to the pan. Stir in the sour cream and chive dip and pink salmon. Heat through for a few mins until the salmon is hot. Serve immediately and season to flavour.
Top Tip for making Creamy salmon and spinach tagliatelle
Salmon, like most oily fish, is high in Omega-3 fat, which helps to lower the risk of heart disease and may help with memory loss
You might also like…
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Trusted, informative, and empathetic – GoodTo is the ultimate online destination for mums. Established in 2007, our 15-year-strong archive of content includes more than 18,000 articles, 1,500 how-to videos, and 7,000 recipes.
Broccoli and salmon pasta
This superfood-packed broccoli and salmon pasta recipe is full of protein and contains a third of your recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C
By Jessica Dady Last updated
Salmon pasta with crème fraîche
This salmon pasta with leeks, broccoli, green beans and parsley is easy to make and tastes delicious - plus it gives you a healthy dose of omega-3 too.
By Octavia Lillywhite Published
Prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon
Our prawn pasta with cherry tomatoes and lemon is so simple to make at home and is bursting with plenty of flavour - the perfect mid-week meal.
By Jessica Dady Published