Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
If you're looking for a way to make your favourite takeaway staple at home, this recipe for crispy duck pancakes is just perfect.
No Chinese takeaway is complete without crispy duck pancakes. And whether you're wanting a healthier spin on the classic or just looking to make them at home, this simple recipe is everything you need. While traditionally duck pancakes are made with Peking duck, we've used duck breasts in our recipe. This simplifies the process and makes it easier to create from your own kitchen. You can pick up Chinese pancakes from your local supermarket or any specialty food store.
- 1tbsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1tbsp honey
- 2 duck breasts
- 100g packet of 10 Chinese pancakes
- 5-6tbsp hoisin sauce
- ¼-½ cucumber, cut into strips
- 6-8 spring onions, cut into strips
- Set the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Mix the five-spice powder into the honey and spread it on both sides of the duck breasts.
- Heat a solid-based frying pan and add the duck breasts, skin-side down, and cook for 3-5 mins, pressing them down well until the skin starts to crisp up. Turn the breasts over and cook for another 2-3 mins. Transfer them to a baking tray and cook them in the oven for 15 mins.
- Remove the duck from the oven and shred it, or cut into strips.
- Heat the pancakes as directed on the packet.
- Serve them with a bowl of hoisin sauce to spread on the pancakes, and a bowl filled with the duck and one with cucumber and spring onion, for everyone to make their own pancakes.
Top tips for making crispy duck pancakes
If you want to give this crispy duck pancakes recipe a twist, you could try using pulled pork or chicken instead of duck. You can even use ready-cooked meat or leftovers, you just have to reduce the cooking time.
You might also like:
Pancake recipe (opens in new tab)