Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This mouthwatering steak burrito by The Body Coach Joe Wicks is so simple to recreate at home taking just 15 minutes to prepare.
Tender, succulent cuts of steak are tossed in a jerk seasoning. Cooked with kidney beans, sweet pineapple, and infused with chilli. Drizzle in lime before wrapping and serving. This recipe serves two. Joe says: "This big boy needs no introduction. It tastes nawtee but it's got all the good stuff your muscles want after a workout. Let the lean gains commence!"
- ½ tbsp coconut oil
- 1 x 225g sirloin steak, sliced into 1cm thick strips
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tsp jerk seasoning
- 100g pre-cooked rice
- 40g tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 75g pineapple, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced - remove the seeds if you don't like it hot
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 2 large tortilla wraps
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- For this Lean in 15 meal melt the coconut oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the steak strips and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until they're nice and brown, but still a little rare. Chuck in the spring onions and jerk seasoning and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Next, add the rice and kidney beans, crumbling the rice between your fingers as you drop it in. Pour in about 2 tablespoons of water, which will bubble up and steam - this will help warm through the rice and beans.
- Stir the ingredients for about 2 minutes until the rice is fully broken up and warmed through, separating any clumps with a wooden spoon. Remove the pan from the heat and stir through 1 tablespoon of the chopped coriander. Keep to one side while you make the salsa.
- Place the remaining coriander, pineapple chunks, chilli and the juice of half the lime in a bowl along with a small pinch of salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Zap the tortillas in the microwave at 900w for 20 seconds.
- Construct your wraps by piling up the rice and steak, topping with the lettuce and salsa, and then finishing with a squeeze of lime juice.
Top tips for making Joe Wicks steak burrito
Cooking for more than one? Simply multiply the ingredients. This recipe make two wraps so could feed you and one other if it's more for a light lunch than a big dinner.
You might also like…
Joe Wicks recipes (opens in new tab)
Joe Wicks healthy chicken pie (opens in new tab)
Joe Wicks turkey burger recipe (opens in new tab)