Lemon meringue drizzle cake is bursting with zesty flavour.
Our lemon meringue drizzle cake has a moist sponge base, topped with lemon curd and crumbled meringue pieces. This recipe is based on our top-rated lemon drizzle cake (opens in new tab) - but, we've added extra orange zest to the mixture for an intense citrus flavour. When baked, decorate with lemon curd, mini meringues, and fruit zest.
- 175g caster sugar
- 175g self-raising flour
- 175g softened butter
- 3/4 level tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- zest from 1 lemon
- zest from 1 orange
- 2tbsp lemon curd
- 3 mini meringue shells, roughly crumbled
- 3 lemon sherbets, chopped
- few pieces of candied lemon peel
- Make our lemon drizzle cake (opens in new tab) to step 2, but add the juice and rind of one extra orange.
- Once the cake has cooled, drizzle over a little of the lemon curd then scatter over the crumbled meringue, lemon sherbet pieces and the candied peel.
- Drizzle over the rest of the lemon curd. Slice to serve.
Top tip for making this lemon meringue drizzle cake
This cake is best made fresh especially when it comes to decorating. You could make the cake in the morning and then decorate in the afternoon ready to serve.
You might also like...
Classic lemon sponge cake
Mary Berry's lemon and lime cheesecake (opens in new tab)
Lemon curd cake (opens in new tab)