Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This one pot chicken pepper bake is so simple to make - pop all the tasty ingredients in one pot and cook for 40 mins. A spicy dinner the whole family will love! The wonderful thing with one pot bakes is the ease and calm for the cook. Everything goes into one pan and gets popped into the oven to cook all at once. No pots and pans and no fuss. This recipe is great for those days when time is of the essence. Simply get everything onto the tray and let the oven do the all the work. An hour later, you’ll have a delicious healthy family meal to serve, with one happy family and only one pot to clean!
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 large peppers, 1 yellow, 1 red, cut into long strips
- 500g new potatoes, washed, skins kept on and left whole
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp Italian mixed herbs
- Small handful of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Start with a large shallow baking tray. Add the chicken, peppers, potatoes, oil and herbs and using clean hands, mix everything together so that all the oil and herbs are coated evenly.
- Spread everything back out on the tray and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 40-45mins or until the potatoes are tender, the chicken is golden and crisp and the peppers are juicy and sweet. (Check after 20mins and give everything a toss through.)
- Tumble everything onto a large serving platter and take to the table with a big green salad and a fresh baguette to share.
Top Tip for making One pot chicken pepper bake
Look out for chicken thighs which have already been skinned and boned. Great for little ones as no need to worry about choking on bones and great for dieters as the fattiest part of the chicken is in the skin.