Pulled pork sliders transform leftover roast pork (opens in new tab) into a trendy street food feast! Tender pork is coated in a sweet, smoky and sticky sauce that is so irresistible. Pulled pork sliders are the perfect food to tuck into whilst watching a big sports game, or just celebrating on a Friday night in with friends. Pulled pork is an American (opens in new tab) classic that we just can’t get enough of. It makes a rich and flavourful filling for these mini sliders. Pulled pork is traditionally slow cooked on a barbecue, but we’ve used leftover roast pork for a speedy hack.
- 400g piece of leftover roast pork
- 4tbsp soy sauce
- 4tbsp hoisin
- 75ml tomato ketchup
- 2tbsp tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2inch piece ginger, peeled and grated
- ½tsp Chinese 5 spice
- baby gem lettuce leaves, to serve
- 1 apple, finely sliced, to serve
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- mayonnaise, to serve
- 6 mini slider buns or 4 burger buns
- Preheat the oven to 150C. Place the pork in a roasting tin and cover with 400ml of water. Mix together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ketchup, tomato paste, garlic, ginger and 5 spice. Pour this mix over the pork and mix together well. Cover with foil and cook the pork in the oven for 1 hour. Remove the foil and return to the oven for another 45-50 minutes, until the liquid has reduced and the pork is sticky. Remove and allow to cool slightly before shredding with two forks.
- Lightly toast your buns of choice, then fill with the pulled pork with lettuce, apple and tomato slices, and mayonnaise.
Jules is a creative and talented Food Editor with over 12 years' experience in the food industry across brands and magazine titles. Jules' experience is cast and varied, from food Editor to food writing. She is also passionate about food sustainability and has an amazing talent for food Styling.
Low-fat chicken burgers
If you love a burger but want to find a healthy alternative try this one using lower-fat ingredients.
By Keiron George • Published
Learn how to make pork curry at home with this cheap, quick and easy recipe. This delicious pork curry recipe is a real family favourite
By Jessica Dady • Last updated
Joe Wicks' McLeanie turkey burger
Joe Wicks' McLeanie burger is bursting with flavour and it's a healthier alternative to shop bought. This turkey burger is made from scratch but so easy!
By Joe Wicks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Mozzarella and tomato ‘bruschetta’ salad
A filling salad that doesn't shy away from flavour. Perfect as a hearty lunch or light dinner...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Coq au vin pie
A warming pie packed with tender chunks of chicken, succulent bacon and a rich red wine gravy...
By Rose Fooks • Published
McDonald's halloumi fries are on the new summer menu with four brand new burgers
By Kudzai Chibaduki • Last updated
Royal Family's Christmas dinner menu at Windsor Castle confuses fans
Royal fans have been left baffled by the Christmas dinner menu's unfamiliar language
By Emma Dooney • Published
The Queen's hilariously clever trick to get guests to dinner in a timely manner
Queen Elizabeth II's clever way she got guests to dinner promptly.
By Selina Maycock • Published