Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
This family favourite this sausage casserole is quick to make and bound to please everyone. The mash is a tasty addition to the casserole.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 pork sausages
- 1 Spanish onion sliced
- 200g sliced leeks
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 sticks celery sliced
- Small bunch of sage leaves, picked
- 200ml white wine
- 400ml passata
- 400ml chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- Small bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
For the mash
- 800g potatoes, peeled and cut into 4
- 100g butter
- 300ml full fat milk
- Salt and cracked white pepper
- 1 bunch of chives finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Fry the sausages in a casserole dish until golden brown, remove with a slotted spoon. You may need to do this in two batches.
- Add the onions, leeks, garlic, celery and sage and cook until the mix starts to brown slightly. Add the wine, stock, passata and bay leaves and then season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sausages back in, put the lid on and cook in the oven for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, place your potatoes in a medium sized pan, cover with water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently for about 20 mins until cooked. Drain and mash the potatoes and add the butter and milk. Stir over a low heat until the butter has melted and the mash is piping hot. Season and add the chives. Set aside.
- Remove the casserole from oven, stir in chopped parsley and serve with the mash.
Read our tried and tested reviews of the best slow cookers. (opens in new tab)