Serve up a slice of sunshine with Slimming World’s Spanish-style tortilla of potatoes, onions and peppers. Perfect for dinners, lunches and snacks, it’s equally delicious served hot or cold.
- 700g floury potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper and 1 large red pepper, halved, deseeded and finely chopped
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
Place the sliced potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil, cook for 3 minutes and then drain well.
Place the onion, peppers and garlic in a saucepan and pour over 275ml of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, again drain well.
Spray a deep medium-sized frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and heat until hot. Add the potato slices, onions and peppers and mix well.
Season the eggs and pour into the pan, packing the vegetables firmly together. Lower the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes until the base is set.
Place the tortilla under a preheated medium-hot grill and cook until golden and set. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the parsley before cutting into wedges to serve.
Top tip for making Slimming World’s Spanish-style tortilla
Cook up extra and save for lunchboxes the next day