Slimming World’s chilli with rice recipe is so easy to make, using loads of ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
Slimming World’s chilli with rice uses five different vegetables to really pack in the vitamins – and is bursting with flavour thanks to the garlic, fresh green chilli, and spices.This healthy Slimming World chilli is made with low-calorie cooking spray and extra-lean minced beef to keep the calorie and fat count down. This delicious dinner is prepared in just 15 minutes, it’s the perfect midweek meal.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 500g extra-lean minced beef
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 250g passata
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 250g closed-cap mushrooms, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- 1.15kg essential mince sauce
- 410g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 350g boiled, dried long-grain rice, to serve
- A small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped, to serve
- 150g fat-free natural yogurt, sprinkled with smoked paprika, to serve
- For the salsa:
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- A small handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
First make the mince sauce. Spray a non-stick medium-sized frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a lot heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add the minced beef and turn the heat up to medium.
Cook for 5 minutes, or until browned all over, stirring and breaking up any lumps. Stir in the tomatoes and passata, then crumble in the stock cube. Add the herbs, season and mix well. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Spray another non-stick medium-sized frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a low heat. Add the pepper and mushrooms and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes.
Add the garlic and chilli and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes. Add the Allspice, cumin and paprika, stir-fry for 1 minute, then mix in the mince sauce and kidney beans. Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes until piping hot, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, put the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, drain and stir in the coriander.
Divide the chilli and rice between 4 shallow bowls. Top with a spoonful of the yogurt and a little salsa and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Slimming World
Top tips for making Slimming World’s chilli with rice:
While chilli is easy to make, it can also easily go wrong. Make sure to follow the recipe and fry the onions off first, before adding in the mince. These will infuse into the oil in the pan and help the rest of the ingredients absorb all the flavour.
You might also like…