Slimming World’s spicy hot-smoked salmon noodles recipe is a quick and simple stir-fry that is ready in just 20 minutes.
To make this Slimming World recipe as speedy as possible we've used frozen peppers that are already sliced. If you're making it regularly, we'd recommend using frozen sliced onions as well, and buying a jar of chopped garlic too. If you prefer fresh ginger to ground, you can also get that in jars, and it will liven up the flavours even more. With these speedy cuts you can get the recipe time down to about 15 minutes for a meal that still feels really special. This is a really great slimmer dinner to have all year round. You can adjust the spice levels to suit your own tastes.
- 350g dried egg noodles
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp mild or medium curry powder
- 400g frozen sliced mixed peppers
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 300g skinless hot-smoked salmon fillet, roughly flaked
- Small handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Limes wedges, to serve
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a non-stick wok or large frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- Stir-fry the onion and carrot for 3 minutes or until softened, then add the garlic, ginger, curry powder and peppers and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until just beginning to soften.
- Add the drained noodles and about 2 tablespoons of water and toss everything together. Add the soy sauce, season and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the salmon and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until piping hot. Remove from the heat, scatter over the coriander and divide between shallow bowls or plates.
- Serve hot with lime wedges to squeeze over.
Top tips for making Slimming World’s spicy hot-smoked salmon noodles
Swap the salmon for cod or haddock instead. You can also opt for other noodles such as rice noodles or ready-to-wok noodles which means they won’t need to be boiled before adding to the stir-fry mix. Rice would also work well as a substitute.
For more information on the Slimming World plan, visit slimmingworld.co.uk
You might also like…
Parenting advice, hot topics, best buys and family finance tips delivered straight to your inbox.
Slimming World is a weight management organisation that dates back from 1969. It holds thousands of weekly groups for members all over the UK influencing millions of people to eat healthier and manage their weight. From breakfast to lunch, from dinner to dessert, we’ve got lots of healthy and simple Slimming World recipes and ideas to keep you on track when it comes to taking part of the Slimming World plan.
Slimming World coronation quiche
This Slimming World coronation quiche is certainly fit for royalty packed with spinach, broad beans, and fresh tarragon...
By Slimming World Published
Quick chilli beef noodles
By Sue McMahon Published
Smoked salmon stir-fry
A simple recipe using the evocative flavour of smoked salmon with tasty oriental flavours. This easy stir-fry is ready in under 30 mins
By Sue McMahon Published