Slimming World’s sweet and sour chicken recipe comes in at just 307 calories per serving.
Slimming World’s sweet and sour chicken recipe uses skinless and boneless chicken thighs, some red and green peppers, and fresh sweet pineapple to create the perfect lunch or dinner. The homemade sauce is our favourite part of this dish and it’s made with a variety of store cupboard ingredients, including white wine vinegar and soy sauce. When combined with the chicken this delicious sauce creates an intense, tangy and sticky sweet dish.
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 800g skinless and boneless chicken thighs, sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced, plus extra to garnish
- 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 200g fresh pineapple, cut into bite-sized pieces
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 6 tbsp unsweetened orange juice
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1-2 tsp sweetener
- 1 level tbsp cornflour
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl until the cornflour is thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Spray a wok or deep frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. When it is very hot, add the chicken and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the garlic, spring onions and peppers and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and stir continuously for 1 minute until it thickens. The chicken and vegetables should be well coated with the sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the pineapple, season with salt and garnish with spring onions. Serve with lots of noodles.
Tips for making Slimming World's sweet and sour chicken
To check if your chicken is cooked (opens in new tab) all the way through, skewer the meat with a knife and if the juices run clear, this means the chicken is cooked.
You might also like…
Slimming World’s chicken and potato curry (opens in new tab)
Slimming World’s special fried rice (opens in new tab)
Slimming World’s diet cola chicken (opens in new tab)