Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Serving enough for two people, this quick and simple smoky cheese souffle omelette takes only 13 mintues to make, so perfect for a speedy lunch or dinner that'll leave you feeling full and satisfied. Serve with fried tomatoes and wilted spinach for that nice extra touch and pop of colour.
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Good knob of butter
- Small handful chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 100g (3½oz) smoked Cheddar, coarsely grated
- Separate the eggs, with the whites in a medium bowl and the yolks in a larger bowl. Whisk the whites to soft peaks. Then whisk the yolks with the milk and season well. Add about a quarter of the whites to the yolks and stir in, then fold in the rest of the whites.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan frying pan. Add the omelette mixture and cook for 2-3 mins, until lightly set.
- Sprinkle with parsley and cheese, and let the cheese melt a bit. Fold the omelette over and slide it out on to a plate. Cut in half for serving, perhaps with fried tomatoes and wilted spinach.
Top Tip for making Smoky cheese souffle omelette
Lightly grill the top of theomelette after adding thecheese, if you like.