Delight your friends and family with this beautiful no-bake strawberry cake topped with fresh raspberries. It's the perfect cake for summertime birthdays or special occasions and it only takes 20 minutes to prepare.
- 150g plain sweet biscuits
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1½tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 250g (1 punnet) ripe strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Fresh raspberries
- Line the base of a 26-28cm spring form cake tin with baking paper or waxed paper. This makes it easy to lift the cake out later.
- Make the base by putting the biscuits in a brown paper bag and crushing them into crumbs by beating carefully with a rolling pin. Pour the crumbs into a medium bowl and add the coconut, cinnamon and melted butter. Stir well to combine.
- Press firmly into the base of the prepared tin. It doesn’t need to be a thick layer – just enough to cover the bottom of the tin. Refrigerate the base while you prepare the filling.
- Place egg whites, sugar, sliced strawberries, lemon juice and vanilla in the clean, dry bowl of an electric mixer.
- Beat on high speed for about 6-8 minutes until the mixture is very thick and fluffy and the sugar has dissolved. To test whether it is ready, rub a bit of the mixture between your fingers. You should not feel any gritty sugar - if you do, beat a little longer.
- Spoon the filling over the chilled base, smooth the top, cover with a sheet of baking paper and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, cut cake into wedges using a knife that has been warmed in hot water. Garnish with fresh raspberries on top.
Top Tip for making Strawberry and raspberry cloud cake
The cake will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a month