We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Victoria made these cookies for the arrival of a new baby girl
- For the biscuits
- 10oz of plain flour
- 1/4tsp of salt
- 1/2tsp of baking powder
- 4oz of unsalted butter
- 5oz granulated sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 2tbsp of milk
- 1/2tsp of vanilla extract
- For the icing
- Dr Oetker pack of regal ice, which is white fondant icing
- Pink, blue or different coloured paste
- Textured mats to pattern
- Flowers, letters or fondant ducks to decorate
- Royal icing sugar and water to pipe the measures on the bottle.
For the biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line the baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy then add the milk, vanilla and egg and mix until smooth.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into the mixture.
- Mix well into a dough.Transfer to the work surface and shape into 2 discs and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Cooling helps the dough keep a neater shape.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch in thickness. Then, using the baby vest and bottle cutters cut the shapes and transfer to the baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10mins until light golden but don’t allow to brown. Cool on wire racks.
For the icing
- Cut and colour the fondant to your desired colour.
- Using the texture mats roll the icing over the top to create your pattern. Using the same vest cutter, cut to shape and place on the cookie. Decorate as you wish.
- For the bottle, roll your white fondant and cut with the bottle cutter. Using a sharp knife cut the top to where to milk would end.
- Using your pink/blue fondant cut with bottle cutter again and cut just the cap part out with your sharp knife and stick in between the milk and teat. Repeat with yellow fondant but just cut and stick the teat part on. Using a cocktail stick indent lines on the cap part below the teat right across from one side to the other.
- Last of all using the royal icing sugar and a few drops of water make a thick paste and pipe two short lines, then one longer one and repeat along the edge for the measure marks.
- Alternatively you can royal ice them as this will set hard so you are able to stack them. Personally I think the fondant looks prettier and tastes even better.