Feast your eyes on these exciting and diverse non chocolate advent calendars that are sure to have you smiling in the countdown to Christmas.
Tired of gorging on Cadbury chocolate squares every December morning? Okay, the answer is of course no, we love Cadbury. But then there are days when we wish we could swap our best chocolate advent calendars for something that’s a little more of, well, a surprise.
Luckily, we’re not the only ones that feel this way. In recent years more and more non chocolate advent calendars have sprung up for sale. And, much to our delight, the array of fillers on offer is getting better and better with each festive season. From the best beauty advent calendars to the best advent calendars with food and even the best alcohol advent calendars and best craft advent calendars, there’s something for everyone behind those little paper doors.
Best non-chocolate advent calendars
Feelunique Beauty Advent Calendar – FEELUNIQUE | £89.25
James Bond Advent Calendar – SELFRIDGES | £199
24 Days Of Positivity Advent Calendar – NOTHS | £15.95
Yankee Candle Advent Calendar – YANKEE CANDLE | £24.99
Harry Potter Pop! Funko Advent Calendar 2021 – SELFRIDGES | £45
Paperchase Stationery Advent Calendar 2021 – PAPERCHASE | £40
LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 2021 – ARGOS | £25
Back to the Future Playmobil Advent Calendar – AMAZON | £18.74
Freixenet 12-Day Sparkling Wine Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar – QVC | £60
Best Sex Of Your Life Couple’s Sex Toy Advent Calendar – LOVEHONEY | £120
Macmillan 24 Beauty Treasures Advent Calendar 2021 –BOOTS | £42.50
BrewDog Craft Beer Advent Calendar 2021 – AMAZON | £44.95
Jo Malone Loves Advent Calendar 2021 – JO LOVES | £325
1. Feelunique Beauty Advent Calendar
2. James Bond Advent CalendarWhat’s this? The first-ever James Bond Advent Calendar? Yes, please! Bring a touch of luxe to your home with this 12-drawer delight that boasts a money-can’t-buy Casino Royale prop, plus other collectible and unique exclusives – Dr. No silk pocket square, anyone? – that have earned a spot in the franchise’s 25 film history. Register your interest now for pre-sale mid-September. Be quick about it as numbers are limited.
3. LookFantastic Advent Calendar 2021
4. Yankee Candle Advent Calendar
5. 24 Days Of Positivity Advent CalendarThis motivational advent calendar has positive quotes behind each window, to help keep you feeling happy and positive throughout the festive season. Themes include gratitude, motivation, knowledge, kindness, and wellness.
6. The Body Shop Share the Joy Advent Calendar 2021The Body Shop’s advent offering leaves skincare and beauty lovers impressed year after year. The high street favourite’s super festive cardboard calendars are jam-packed with fantastic products from so many of their iconic ranges. Three sizes are on offer with a variety of price ranges, offering different amounts of pre-Christmas treats.
7. A Mindful Advent Calendar Set
Fans of mindfulness and pared-down aesthetics needn’t miss out on the joys of advent. This set of 25 beeswax candles are designed to be burned every day in the lead up to Christmas as a reminder to pause and slow down. Sounds good to us!
8. The Urban Botanist Plant Advent CalendarKnow someone who’s just potty about plants? Or are you susceptible to a succulent? Then this Plant Advent Calendar is calling your name! Each door holds an adorable potted plant – Christmas cactus anyone? – that’s guaranteed to last 24 days and far into 2022.
9. Playmobile Back to the Future Advent Calendar
Age suitability: 5+The perfect starter for Christmas! This Back to the Future Advent Calendar is ideal for fans of the film franchise, aged five and over. It comes with over 99 different pieces to make December a month to remember, building up to an incredible scene from one of the most famous films – ever!
10. Funko Pop! Harry Potter Advent Calendar 2021Following their previous sell-out versions, Funko Pop! is back with another Harry Potter advent calendar that’s sure to be a hit with kids. Behind every door is a miniature version of one of your favourite witches, wizards, or magical creatures. Pre-order now to avoid disappointment!
‘These are expensive calendars but they’re lots of fun for little Potterheads,’ says our consumer editor. ‘The figures are cute and durable and the perfect non chocolate treat for budding collectors.’
11. Amazon Beauty Advent Calendar 2021
It’s back and even better for 2021 – The Amazon Beauty Advent Calendar, giving you 24 fabulous skin goodies to open this December. With big brand names like Elemis, Neal’s Yard and L’Occitane, it’s no wonder that it’s worth a whopping £260. But of course – being the home of online bargains – you can pick this up for just over £50 in their early Black Friday 2021 sale. Plus receive it the next day thanks to speedy Prime delivery.
12. Virgin Wines Advent CalendarIt’s back and better than ever before. And if you don’t want to be disappointed. reserve yours for £10 right now. Available in mixed, red or white, the advent calendars includes 24 mini world-class wines for you to enjoy up to the big day. And for 2021 the Virgin Wines advent calendar comes with a full-size, gold medal-winning bottle of fizz for Christmas Day, too! The calendar’s official on-sale date is 2 November but be quick, it often sells out!
13. Whittard Hot Chocolate Advent Calendar for TwoWith this advent calendar there’s no need to fight with your partner over who gets the treat of the day as it’s designed for two! There are 12 unique flavours to enjoy from classics like Luxury White and more adventurous flavours like Sticky Toffee Pudding and Peanut Butter. The art deco design will bring a touch of class to whichever room you display it in. A must for any hot chocolate lover.
14. Paperchase Stationery Advent CalendarStationary coveters need look no further than this bumper Paperchase calendar – packed full of all the pen, pencils and writing accessories you need for the new year ahead. The 2021 advent features a sweet-shop design – so expect candy coloured pens and brightly patterned notebooks. They’ve also hidden some special gold pens in a number of calendars which equal a £100 gift voucher to spend in store!
16. LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 2021From one huge franchise to another. The force can be with your Star Wars superfan this Christmas thanks to this clever LEGO calendar. Inspired by Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 2, this 335 piece set has some familiar figures, vehicles, and weapons to build and enjoy. Our stand-out piece? The festive baby Yoda, of course! ‘You can’t do better than a Lego advent calendar,’ says our consumer editor, whose three children have already put in requests for theirs. ‘They’re classic, collectible and kids never tire of them – every year there’s a little something inside that we haven’t seen before or weren’t expecting.’
17. Benefit The MORE The Merrier Advent Calendar 2021
One of the best non chocolate advent calendars for 2021 – get your hands on some of Benefit’s bestselling beauty wonders for under £60. Worth a whopping £132.46, this 12 piece set features fun-size and miniature offerings of their coveted brow and mascaras products, plus gorgeous pore primers and face powders too.
18. GlossyBox Advent Calendar 2021
Feel gorgeous this Christmas with a little help from Glossybox and their bumper beauty calendar for 2021. Behind the beautifully presented pink and white marble front are 25 doors with beauty offerings worth £465. That’s not bad for a box that’s just £85 for subscribers or £105 for non-members. They’re keeping their lips sealed on this year’s products – but if it’s anything like last year’s – you can expect big brand names like Pixi, bareMinerals, HUDA beauty, and Nails INC.
19. Gibsons Merry Mischief Jigsaw Puzzle Advent Calendar 2021
This advent calendar from puzzle makers Gibsons is the perfect little treat to inspire your creative side. Behind ten of the doors are 80-piece jigsaws, which are sweetly shaped like a snowman, a tree, a Christmas bauble… you get the idea! Two more doors contain some puzzle glue and ribbon to help jazz up your jigsaws and turn them into festive decorations.
Our consumer editor is a big fan of this non-chocolate advent calendar. ‘In the run-up to Christmas, kids can get overwhelmed,’ she says. ‘Choosing a crafty advent calendar that encourages them to indulge their arty side can be a lovely way to mindfully mark the days leading up to Christmas.’
20. Jo Loves Advent Calendar 2021
The Queen of Scents, Ms. Jo Malone has well and truly outdone herself with this year’s Jo Loves advent calendar. Think candles, lotions, room sprays, and of course fragrances both big and on-the-go in heavenly aromas like Patchouli and Pomelo. Plus Christmas specials like the Mulled Wine candle and the Snowflakes room spray. On sale from 7 October both online and at the flagship London store, it’ll set you back £325. But, boy, is it worth it!
21. CIATE London Mini Mani Month Advent Calendar 2021There’ll be no excuse for lacklustre nails this Christmas with this jam-packed nail polish advent calendar from CIATÉ London. It features Featuring22 mini Plant Pots, 1 full-size Plant Pot, and a deluxe mini Watermelon Burst Hydrating Primer. The only trouble with this calendar will be choosing which shade to wear on the 25th!
22. Cath Kidston Beauty Shine Bright 2021
While the disappearance of Cath Kidston stores from UK high streets has been an incredibly sad loss, we’re pleased that the British brand’s adorable advent calendars are still available to buy online. This year, they’re making sure December has an abundance of vegan-friendly beauty treats like lip balms, hand creams, bath salts, and festive fragrances, all tied up in a box decorated with a gorgeous woodland animal Christmas party scene.
23. Macmillan 24 Beauty Treasures Advent Calendar 2021
A beauty calendar which gives back to a very charitable cause? This one’s a no-brainer! Not only is it loaded with some of your Boots based favourites – No7, Soap and Glory, Liz Earle and Champneys – but it also ensures £2 from each sale goes back to Macmillan Cancer Support.
24. Clarins 12 Days of Christmas Advent Calendar
This beauty advent is a best-seller at John Lewis this year. And for a good reason. The beloved beauty brand’s calendar features 12 coveted Clarins products – including their Supra Volume Mascara, Cleansing Micellar Water and Intense Natural Lip Perfector. And it’s currently available with 20% off during the Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend.
25. LoveHoney Best Sex Of Your Life Couple’s Sex Toy Advent Calendar
If you’re looking for a non-chocolate advent calendar with a difference then this one just might take the crown. LoveHoney has compiled some of their bestselling toys to help guarantee a very merry – and pleasurable – Christmas. Designed as an advent for two (man and woman), behind each door are toys for both sexes, plus massage oil, lube, and sex position cards to really spice things up. Worth over £270, it’s a steal at £120 and is available to order right now.
26. Freixenet 12-Day Sparkling Wine Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar
Another fabulous Prosecco offering for the festive period courtesy of much-loved fizz brand Freixenet. This 12 day advent has some exceptional bottles of bubbly (20cl) for you to taste. We’ve got our eye on the sparkling Italian Rosé and posh rosado Cava. But you’ll also find a bottle or two of classic Prosecco to raise a glass with. We’ll cheers to that.
27. Drinks by the Dram Tequila & Mezcal Collection
Tequila is about so much more than shots that make you pull strange faces! This advent calendar is a brilliant way to discover a new favourite agave spirit. From smoky mezcal to classic blanco tequila, this special curation of 12 drams is one of the best non chocolate advent calendars.
28. Smiggle Advent CalendarStationary fans rejoice! This festive offering is Smiggle’s best one yet – with their 10th advent calendar cram-packed with 25 stationary specials and fan favourites. Think rainbow pens, a neon pencil case, a spy pen, and a mini slinky, plus much more. They’ve also hidden 30 Lucky Tickets inside some random calendars, which promise a HUGE Smiggle shopping spree if found. Win, win, we say.
Our consumer editor, Heidi Scrimgeour, thinks this is one of the best non chocolate advent calendars for kids that money can buy. ‘My eight-year-old’s eyes light up every year at the sight of Smiggle’s advent calendar,’ she says. ‘And the treats inside are exceptionally good quality. We’re still using the spy pen and keyring from last year’s calendar!’
29. That Boutique-y Gin Company Advent Calendar
Back with a new line-up and design, who doesn’t want to countdown Christmas with with 24 30ml, wax-sealed drams of gin?! There’s a mix of flavours including the suitably festive GIN-gle all the way and a chocolate orange gin. Cheers!
30. BrewDog Craft Beer Advent CalendarWe seriously recommend pre-ordering this Brewdog Advent Calendar for 2021 right now – especially because last year’s sold out by November! Perfect for the craft beer lover in your life – the set contains 24 cans of quality IPAs and Pale Ales – including 14 new 2021 offerings and 6 Christmas specialities. We say cheers to that.
31. Pukka Organic Christmas Calendar
One of our top rated non chocolate advent calendars. Whether you open your calendar in the morning or as you’re unwinding for the night, this Pukka calendar is the perfect way to take a minute to enjoy some you-time. It’s filled with a selection of classic Pukka teas from Night Time and English Breakfast to Ginseng Matcha Green. It’s excellent value and brilliant for a chilly December.
32. Swizzels Advent Calendar
At under a tenner this is has one of the best non chocolate advent calendars for 2021 – especially for those who loves Swizzels sweets. And who doesn’t? Inside there are favourites like Love Hearts, Refreshers and of course, Drumsticks!
33. Haribo Advent Calendar 2021
Gummy bears, foam hearts and juicy sweet rings. You’ll find all your favourite original Haribo sweets behind the doors of this non-chocolate advent calendar for Christmas 2021.