Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Looking for a fancy breakfast in bed recipe? This is just that! With sweet fruit and fragrant ground almonds you can turn your average croissant into a luxurious breakfast in minutes. Why not treat your other half this weekend and surprise them with this, it is sure to get you plenty of brownie points! You can try this recipe with other fruits too, if you don't have apricots - try peaches or plums instead.
This simple brunch is the perfect option if you fancy something sweet. It's so easy to make and can be ready on the table in just 20 minutes.
Learn how to make croissants from scratch with our easy recipe!
- 30g butter, softened
- 30g caster sugar
- 1 level tbsp plain flour
- 50g ground almonds
- A little lemon zest, optional
- 1 medium egg
- 2 ready-made croissants
- 6-8 canned apricot halves, in natural juice
- 1tbsp flaked almonds
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Set the oven to 200°C/392°F/Gas Mark 6. Beat the butter, sugar, flour, ground almonds and lemon zest, if using, and egg until smooth.
- Split the croissants almost through and spread the bases with most of the almond mixture. Slide the apricots in. Put the tops back down. Brush the croissants and fruit all over with a little syrup from the can, then spread the rest of the
- almond mix on top. Scatter with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden. Dust with icing sugar. Serve warm.
Top Tip for making Almond and apricot croissants
Make the almond mixture the night before to save time.