Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
A very simple buffet party idea, these cranberry filo parcels make delicious canapés for a Christmas do - or at any time of year!
- 12 sheets of ready-rolled filo pastry (each measuring approximately 32cm x 17cm)
- 25g (1 oz) butter, melted
- 85g (3oz) cranberry sauce
- 85g (3oz) cheese spread (e.g Primula)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ Gas mark 7. Brush the sheets of filo pastry with the melted butter.
- Cut each sheet in ½ vertically and then into 3 resulting in 6 small rectangles, place 1 rectangle on top of each other and then across another double layered rectangle forming a cross. Repeat with the other sheets of pastry.
- Place approximately ¼ teaspoon of cranberry sauce in the centre of each cross and top with ¼ teaspoon of cheese spread (if using a tube: a small squeeze and cut of with a knife).
- To make into the parcel, bring the corners together in a point and pinch the pastry together.
- Place on a greased baking tray, brush with the remainder of the melted butter
- Place in the oven and cook for 7-8 minutes. Best served immediately.
Top Tip for making Cheesy cranberry parcels
Use shop-bought, chilled filo pastry and then any left over can be frozen. The parcels can be prepared several hours in advance - don't cook them, but place in the fridge (uncovered if brushed with butter - as clingfilm will stick and pull the pastry apart when removed). Then pop them in the oven just prior to serving.