Cheesy mashed potato hash is a quick and easy dinner to make for the whole family. Ready in just 30 mins and packed with veg such as cauliflower, broccoli and roasted root veg, this dish is perfect for kids. Top with cheese and bacon for a special treat and serve warm from the oven. The pesto in this recipe gives this dish a really nice kick of flavour. Mashed potato with a twist!
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 700g pack frozen mashed potato
- 150g frozen cauliflower
- 150g frozen broccoli
- 200g frozen roasted root vegetables
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 200g ball mozzarella, drained and torn
- 2 Sacla pesto shots
- 2tbsp pine nuts
- Few basil leaves
- Handful rocket, to serve
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan. Add the frozen mash, stir until softened, then add the rest of the vegetables. Heat, stirring, until defrosted.
- Dry-fry the bacon in a frying pan until crispy on both sides. Once the mash mix is heated through, arrange the mozzarella, pesto and pine nuts on top and place in the oven to melt. Top with the bacon, basil leaves and rocket, to serve.
Top Tip for making Cheesy mashed potato hash
If you want to make this dish a little healthier swap the mashed potato for sweet potato instead.