Serve with clotted cream for a wickedly luscious dessert.
- 50g caster sugar
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 400g cherries, halved and pitted
- 2tsp cornflour
- 1tbsp Kirsch (optional)
- 680g frozen shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 1tbsp semolina (optional)
- 1tbsp milk
- 3tsp granulated sugar
- Simmer the sugar and 100ml water over a low heat until sugar has dissolved. Add the lemon juice and cherries. Turn up heat to medium and cook for 5 mins. Dissolve the cornflour with 1 tbsp of the cooking liquid, then stir into the cherries. Cook for 2 - 3 mins until thickened. Stir in the Kirsch, if using. Leave to cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin. Use the pastry to line a 20cm or 21cm pie dish. Sprinkle semolina (if using) over the pastry base then pile in the cooled cherry mixture.
- Roll out remaining pastry into a circle. Brush edge of pastry with water and arrange the circle of pastry on top. Trim edges with a knife and crimp with a fork. Make 2 small cuts in the top, then chill for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/360°F/gas 4. Put the pie on a preheated baking sheet. Brush the top with milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 40 - 45 mins until golden. Serve with clotted cream.
Jessica Dady is Senior Content Editor at Goodto.com and has over 10 years of experience as a digital journalist, specialising in all things food, recipes, and SEO. From the best food hampers to cookbooks, from the best cake stands to baking sets, Jessica has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to must-have food products. A passionate baker, she spends much of her time creating celebration cakes for friends and family - particularly for her two lucky children.
Tiramisu crepe stack
Give a humble pancake the ultimate transformation with this easy but showstopping tower of coffee pancakes...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Creamy mushroom and blue cheese buckwheat galettes
Buckwheat will give these pancakes a pleasant savoury flavour, as well as making them gluten-free...
By Rose Fooks • Published
Munchies skillet cookie
A gooey, delicious cookie baked in a skillet. A great dessert for sharing with loved ones...
By Jess Meyer • Published
Adele's exciting summer plans with Rich Paul rumored to include huge event
Adele is reportedly engaged to boyfriend Rich Paul after nearly two years of dating
By Emma Dooney • Published
M&S' rude Easter 'egg' that's being likened to something 'Ann Summers' would sell
M&S' rude Easter 'egg' has caused a stir online
By Selina Maycock • Published
Archie and Lilibet could be set for a special vacation this summer
Archie and Lilibet visited the UK for the Queen’s Jubilee and they might just be about to experience a traditional royal vacation…
By Emma Shacklock • Published