Creamy coronation chicken is delicious in sandwiches. Combine with a simple coriander salad for a healthy, satisfying sandwich filling
- 140g cooked chicken, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1 handful of baby salad leaves
- 4 slices of brown or white bread
For the curried mayonnaise:
- 1 peeled and crushed garlic clove
- ½ tsp Madras curry powder ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp mango chutney
- 1tbsp of roughly chopped coriander
- A pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heaped tbsp mayonnaise
- Stir all the curried mayonnaise ingredients together and mix in the chicken. Divide the mixture evenly and spread over two slices of bread.
- Top the mixture with salad leaves, and the remaining slices of bread. Slice the sandwiches in half and serve.
Top Tip for making Coronation chicken and coriander salad sandwich
This recipe can also be made with gluten-free bread